Strong local firm with positive culture seeks a Senior Tax Associate for a challenging and rewarding position working in our business tax area. Gain direct exposure to clients within a variety of different industries such as Non-Profit, Construction, Manufacturing, Professional Services, Retail, Education and more. Ideal candidates will thrive within a team environment and have a high interest in professional development.
- Apply tax knowledge to preparation of tax returns
- Work effectively in analyzing business transactions
- Gather data from client and third party sources
- Perform tax research with view for alternatives to satisfy client's objections
- Client management and participation in marketing/business development
- Participation in recruitment and supervision of entry-level staff
- 2-4 years of tax preparation experience; specifically with S-Corp and Partnership returns.
- CPA license or candidate.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Excellent work ethic and a sense of humor are a must!
- High net worth individual and fiduciary tax experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of CCH ProSystems Tax, CCH Engagement, and QuickBooks
At Blackman & Sloop, CPAs, P.A., we hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to retaining staff is a positive culture, strong community involvement, and a dedication to constantly increasing our competencies. We invite you to come see why we were named as one of Accounting Today's Best Accounting Firms To Work For!